Players, coaches, officials, parents and spectators are to conduct themselves in a manner that "Honors the Game" and demonstrates respect to other players, coaches, officials, parents, and fans. In becoming a member of the lacrosse community an individual assumes certain obligations and responsibilities to the organization and its participants. The essential elements in this Code of Conduct are INTEGRITY and HARD WORK. Those who conduct themselves in a manner that reflects these elements will bring credit to themselves, their team and our organization. It is only through such conduct that our organization can continue to earn and maintain a positive image and make its full contribution to the sport and our community.
1. Demonstrate positive behavior toward teammates, opponents, coaches, officials, parents and fans.
2. Be courteous to opposing teams and treat all players, coaches and officials with respect.
3. Be modest when successful and gracious in defeat.
4. Respect the fields and surrounding areas of public facilities.
5. Refrain from abusive language toward team mates, coaches, officials and opponents.
6. Communicate grievances and misunderstandings through the proper channels and procedures, never on the field of play or in view of spectators or other participants during practices or games.
7. Respect the game, play fairly, and follow LAX rules and regulations.
8. Be committed to attending practices, on time, ready to go, every time.
Parents and spectators will:
1. Understand CYLAX philosophy: Fair play and the skills of the game will be placed above winning.
2. Understand that teaching fair play and sportsmanship must be developed both at home and on the field during practices and games and will be demonstrated by having players at practices on time, ready to go, every time.
3. Follow proper channels and procedures to communicate a grievance or misunderstanding, never on the field of play or in view of spectators or other participants during practices or games.
4. Refrain from abusive language and harassment toward an official, coach, spectator or player.
5. Positively support their teams and enjoy the game of lacrosse.
1. Will place the emotional and physical well being of players ahead of a personal desire to win.
2. Will treat each player as an individual, remembering the emotional and physical development of the age group.
3. Will provide a safe playing situation for all players.
4. Will organize practices that are fun and challenging and focused on fundamentals.
5. Will lead by example in demonstrating fair play and sportsmanship on the sidelines of games and during practices.
6. Will be knowledgeable in the rules of US Lacrosse and will teach these rules to the team.
7. Will follow proper channels and procedures to communicate a grievance or misunderstanding, never on the field of play or in view of spectators or players.